I’ve been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by the poetry blogger Stellular Scribe! The poems there are lovely, if you’d like to check them out. Thanks so much!
The rules for this award are as follows:
1. Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you. (Done! See above.)
2. List the rules and display the award. (Wow, so far, this doesn’t seem too hard.)
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
It seems like the next thing to do is to share seven things about myself. I almost feel like there might not be seven facts about me, but we’ll see.
1. I recently finished series 4 of Doctor Who. I love Captain Jack Harkness.
(With a face like this, how could I not?)
My favorite companion so far is Donna Noble.
2. I have a serious Tumblr problem.
Come on! I’ve only been on for a couple of months, and yet I’m already having these issues. Fortunately, it’s summer and there are fewer responsibilities to manage, but I really need to get my priorities in line before fall comes around.
Like any good Tumblr kid, I have my ships and OTPs, but let’s just say those are . . . for another blogging platform.
3. Tomorrow, I’m leaving for New Mexico.
I won’t be blogging much while I’m out there, partly because I need to spend time with family (etc. etc.) but mostly because of the slow internet connection. (Yes, I know. Priorities. *sigh*)
4. I’ve been learning guitar since September, and can proudly say I know over half of the songs in my “Simon and Garfunkel’s Greatest Hits for Easy Guitar” book. How much over half I will not say.
5. I believe puns are the purest form of humor. I’m not going to go spraying them out right now, because I never tell them without context––but there is no limit to how low I’ll go for he sake of a pun.
6. I dream of being an author. I’m going to be one of those really hipster-y, self discover-y writers living in a studio with a laptop and it’s going to be fantastic.
7. I pronounce gif the right way, the way God intended––with a hard “g.”
Now for the 15 nominations. These blogs were selected based on how much I enjoy reading their posts, with no specific genre being covered. Drum roll please . . .
1. vicariously in love with you
5. Not a Punk Rocker
6. Desperately Unrehearsed
7. fashion, food, and flirts
10. Becky Says Things
13. I Tried Being Tasteful…
This turned out to be a bigger project than I anticipated (and I have yet to tell those I’ve nominated that they’ve been nominated)! But I’m still grateful to Stellular Scribe for this opportunity. Thanks for reading!
Ciao for now,