Saying how many people have won my heart in the past, this one might be a little tricky. But I will think of what would make me melt.
(Hint: just one of these things won’t make you boyfriend material. There are lots of standards I have based on age and personality among other things, and I will not sell myself/lower my standards.)
Eight Ways to Win My Heart
1. Write a song or perform someone else’s. Preferably, you will be singing and playing either guitar or ukulele. (Of course, what do you expect? I mean I’m a girl so obviously that’s going to be the case.)
2. Be funny. Don’t be that obnoxious funny with crude jokes and such, which is funny to me, I’ll admit, but not the kind of funny that will make me fall for you. Preferably, the humor is somewhat sarcastic and clever, the kind of jokes Han Solo would tell.
3. Tell me that something (or a lot of things) I do are amazing. Compliment me on something I write or draw, or the way my voice sounds. If you really mean it, tell me I look nice. WARNING: BE HONEST! I’ll know if you’re making it up. That’s almost as bad as telling me my drawings, stories, poems, and/or singing are terrible.
4. Be sweet. Show some interest in having a conversation with me, listen as well as speak, speak as well as listen. Consider and remember things I tell you, refer to them in the future if they come up again. Don’t be creepy about it though (it should be clear where to draw the line).
5. Become interested in something that you know I like. Don’t fake it. As weak a reason as it sounds, common interests are an important basis in any kind of relationship and so they are, too, in liking someone. Especially if you find this interest because I like it. Not sure why, exactly, but that seems cute. Just don’t be creepy about it. WARNING: DON’T FAKE IT!
6. Be intelligent. I have zero interest in people with low IQs. If you’re posting on Facebook, don’t be stupid about it. Don’t be stupid with your friends (at least not around me.)
7. Be nice to everyone. If you’re a total sweetheart to me, but treat my friends or maybe even people I don’t know like poop, then you’re just a bully in my eyes. A lying bully, too. And if you’re not nice to me, then clearly you don’t stand a chance dating me. There is NOTHING attractive about a jerk.
8. Always tell the truth straight-up, unless it could be offensive. This includes: if you like something I do, if you don’t like something I do, if I chew with my mouth open, if I wear too much makeup, and, if we’re not together, if you like me. Girls will ALWAYS want boys to let them know when they like them, it’s a fact of life that applies to about 97% of the single female population.
Wow, that’s it. I did it.
Maybe I should have guys I know read this.
Ciao for now,